Welcome to the Ghost Man on Third blog, the Worldwide Leader in Austin WAKA Kickball & Social Sports. Posts are player-generated, please email waka.gmot@gmail.com to contribute.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Big League Chew

Heartbroken. There is no other word to describe my feelings over the loss of the next 2 kickball games. Granted, we did have a bye week scheduled for this week.... and happy hour sounds fun... and it will give our injured players a chance to heal up... BUT I HAVE NOTHING WITHOUT KICKBALL! My wife, my job, my kids. Every day is exactly the same. Oh sure, I go golfing on Sundays, but I hate golf. Don't blackball me, WAKA. Please.

 I realize you aren't actually blackballing us WAKA, but this is gonna be tough. On a more positive note, BLC got its first win last game! It was a great effort in terrible conditions. Yes, the other team had to play a man down after a horrific accident slipping on first base, but the conditions were too nasty to allow us to kick away, so we are excited with the win. I was hoping we might end up 5-3 overall after we run the table, but I'm not sure how many games we will lose with these two weeks out. We'll have to wait and see! Next Up: I DON'T KNOW!

 Things you can count on:

1. BLC will continue to consume copious amounts of shredded bubble gum. It is borderline disgusting...
2. BLC will be playing the straw game at any WAKA party this season. "I'm not playing" is not an option.
2(a). If you aren't familiar with the straw game, come and ask us. But once you ask you are immediately entered.
3. Nate will cry himself to sleep every Thursday night without waka 4. Stephen will walk and play kickball again, I BELIEVE! More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment