Welcome to the Ghost Man on Third blog, the Worldwide Leader in Austin WAKA Kickball & Social Sports. Posts are player-generated, please email waka.gmot@gmail.com to contribute.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Chicks Dig The Long Ball - TX Republic

Last week's game had no alibi.  It was very much in fact U to the G-L-Y.  


We faced off against good ol' Hannah Montana XXX Tape.  The crew of wily vets that descended from their ivory TX-Live tower to toy with the lowly mortals of TX-Republic. 


I had to give my squad a pre-game disclaimer:  These guys have been playing together for a long time.  So don't expect a close game here.  Just have fun and remember that your sexy is sexier than their sexy.


Week 2's  BIG UPS go to:

1. Hanna Montana - For pulling their pitcher in the 3rd inning after racking up a 90000000-0 lead.  Thanks for taking your foot off the gas in your first game of the season.



2. Jenn - For playing through a migraine. I've never had one myself, but I doubt I could play 50 minutes with a hangover.  Let alone a migraine.


3. Woodham - In classic Woodham fashion, my man shows up 20 minutes late in the middle of the 3rd inning.  But he arrived ready to play and recorded back-to-back-to-back solo outs in the outfield.


4. ME - Making a weekly lineup for 26 people ain't easy!


5. My Awesome Team - For taking our but whoopin' in stride.  There's magic in all of you!



6.  LAST BUT NOT LEAST:  PRONSKY - Our boy Nicholas missed the game this week but he had a great excuse.  He was off in paradise proposing to his lovely girlfriend.  Unfortunately for me and Woodham, she said yes.  Make the most of your last season of kickball buddy.  Congratulations!


We have a bye this week.  But we'll (I'll) be at the fields and bar tonight.   It'd be foolish not to take advantage of cheap booze whenever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment