Welcome to the Ghost Man on Third blog, the Worldwide Leader in Austin WAKA Kickball & Social Sports. Posts are player-generated, please email waka.gmot@gmail.com to contribute.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

PurpleSaurus Rex - TX Live

As we entered the season the top ranked team in the conference, I did something I don't think I've ever done before last week: I gave a pre-game talk where I didn't insinuate we were probably going to lose. Crazy new strategy, but I felt like it was time to go ahead and let athletes be athletes in spite of my insistence on keeping the team as low-key and fun focused as possible.

So of course we immediately gave up three runs in the first inning and failed to advance runners past 2nd in the first two innings. Woops! The Red Rockets are BACK this season, and whoever is running the play calling over there is to be commended, it was technically sound offense that played great small ball and manufactured runs while putting them in a position to take advantage of mistakes. Eventually we got our shit together and scored the go-ahead to runs in the top of the 5th and held on for a 4-3 win, but our hubris was entirely extinguished. 

Only disappointment of the night: I promised all my players a shot of fireball for every phone number they obtained from a Rocket, but no red jerseys ever showed up at the bar!

This week, we're gonna get you wet. Aw yeah girl, you gon' be DRIPPIN. Were bringing out the squirt guns and water balloons and just buckets of water, and anyone in the vicinity of Field 1 from 7-8 is going to get their shit drenched. Fuck playing in this heat, no way I'm tolerating it without my swimmy trunks on and tank top drenched with not-my-own-sweat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment